Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Student Again in 2010

Let me start by saying: I really, really thought I was done with school forever.

Seriously. I graduated from university with by BA in 2007, finished a post-graduate certificate in Communications and Public Relations in 2008, and quite gladly washed my hands of the world of academia. I delighted in remembering I would never have to do homework, write essays, or cram for tests ever again.

And then there's the money thing. I just - as in mailed the check last Tuesday - paid off the very last of my student debt. I was getting used to the idea of having all of my paycheque for my very own, and not being beholden to anyone for money until I decided to do something crazy like buy a house. The fact that medical school, if I get in, could run me close to $100,000 makes me physically ill.

But still, I think I want to be a doctor. So.

Please come commiserate with me, help me with your science knowledge, or just laugh at me (my boyfriend is snickering at me as I write this), and I will let you know how this back-to-high-school thing goes. If it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment